Fire Disaster Restoration
What to Expect After a Fire
It can be difficult to process everything that needs to be done after a fire. ServiceMaster Albino is trained to help.
● Valuables : The first important step after a fire is to secure your remaining valuables. To that end, we provide organized pack out and tarping services. Our team will safely pack your valuables, inventory them, and transfer them to a safe, secure, climate-controlled warehouse. Once at the warehouse, we clean, deodorize, and restore your belongings while they are in storage.
● Smoke : Smoke damage is insidious. Smoke permeates not only soft, porous textiles, but can also infiltrate building materials, and even artwork. Smoke can corrode and pollute. So, it’s important that we determine what type of smoke damage you have sustained. This determination points us in the direction of the most appropriate and effective cleanup. A great deal of cleaning, deodorizing, and sanitizing must be done to ensure no trace of smoke damage remains.
● Water : Obviously, in a fire, water is necessary. While your home may not have excessive fire damage after the fire has been extinguished, you may be surprised at the amount of both smoke and water damage. We handle it all and will restore your property to pre-loss condition no matter what type of damage you’ve experienced.
What You Can Do
Immediately after a damaging fire, you may feel helpless. There are a number of things you can do, though, to help get yourself on the road to recovery.
- Call us as quickly as possible. The more quickly we can begin the restoration, the better. We can come even if firefighters are still on the scene.
- Contact your insurance company. Fire damage is covered under home and rental insurance policies. Ask your agent specific questions about your deductible and any instructions they may have regarding cleanup and restoration.
- Find a safe place to stay. It is very unlikely you will be able to stay in your home after a fire.
- Care for your pets. After a fire, it’s a good idea to have pets checked by their veterinarian for lung issues or wounds you may not be able to see easily. Knowing they are alright will help as you begin to recover, too.
- Document your losses. As clearly and specifically as possible use both photos and videos to document your loss. If you have extensive damage to your property, you will also need to take an inventory, room by room, of destroyed, damaged, and salvageable items. If you have independently insured items, like artwork, jewelry, or heirloom furniture, be sure to specifically indicate those items on your spreadsheet.
What to Expect from UsWe are ready to help you through each step of the fire disaster restoration process.
- After 35 years of service, we know to expect the unexpected. There is a reason ServiceMaster Albino is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days out of the year. As quickly as we can be called in, day or night, we will begin to save as much as we can, mitigate any further damage, and begin the process of cleaning and sanitizing.
- Communication is key. We listen to you. Your priorities are important to us. From our very first meeting at the time of your free estimate, we will be honest with you about what we believe will be your best plan for restoration. Should your individualized plan require reconstruction, we can talk with you about aiding in that process, too.
- It is important to us that you feel confident while our professionally trained team advocates on your behalf with your insurance company. We will keep you informed and updated every step of the way until we reach your pre-loss condition.
- Our professional team delivers. Not only do we provide thoughtful customer service, but we also use only the most up-to-date, technologically advanced equipment available to mitigate damage. Our state-of-the-art cleaning equipment and products enable us to see marked successes quickly. We will work diligently to get you back to your new normal. You will not be disappointed with the work we provide.
After you experience a devastating fire loss, we know there is not much we can say to provide comfort. However, we know that once you see progress being made toward restoration, you will begin to feel better – faster. There is a reason we have served our friends and neighbors in Waterbury for over 35 years. Let us show you the difference we can make for you.